Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Six Things

1) We got married. The bride wore black, the groom wore black and pink, the bride's stepmother wore a fixed grimace. Men in wedding dresses played punk music at our wedding reception and the Other Half drank sixteen vodka Red Bulls and didn't sleep for 56 hours straight. It was aces.

2) We went on our honeymoon. It rained. The tent leaked. We'd seen all the bands before and following a hissed conversation (the sort you have when you're in public and can't just yell at each other) I acquiesced to the Other Half's desire to leave a day early. We had to be towed out by a tractor. I didn't have a nervous breakdown on the way home. It was aces.

3) I have dreadlocks again after 12 years without. It's much more complicated this time - there's special shampoos and gels and waxes that mean you can keep them (relatively) clean. This has the disadvantage of making them much more high maintenance but the distinct advantage of meaning I don't smell like a tramp's blanket this time round. Well, my hair doesn't, at least. It is aces.

4) I have travelled extensively for work over the last five weeks and have seen some lovely airports. Odessa stands out as the favourite - you don't get dead dogs on the pavement outside Charles de Gaulle, do you? Travelling is not nearly as glamorous as you might think. Not unless endless corridors and waiting rooms and annoying people and no legroom are your idea of glamour, that is. It was not aces.

5) I had MRI scans on both my knees last week and meet the consultant next week. I am too young for new knees - however I may end up with partial replacements. I do not see the logic of this. I'm going private though, so any future surgery will be without added MRSA. Which is aces.

6) There is no number six.

There. Who says you should have something to say before you open your mouth? I blame Sarah Silverman.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

I've got a number 6 for you...you're home, where you belong with your husband, daughter and cat...which is aces !!!!

28 October, 2008 15:55  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

The Husband has titanium knees and they are aces. Especially at airports.

30 October, 2008 15:11  
Blogger Waffle chimed in with...

Ooh me too with the knee. The 'high' point of today (though I use term veeeerrry loosely), has been a hobbitty person with a gigantically long needle draining my knee which had swollen to the size of an adult elephant of about a litre of something indescribably horrid. I am also too young for a new one, but the old one is SHIT and I hate it.

04 November, 2008 13:46  
Blogger rockmother chimed in with...

Your wedding sounds like total aces and I love the pink/black theme - seriously the best aces! I have recently purchased a dayglo pink and black leopard print pair of drainpipe jeans - aces the first time round but have only worn them twice in the bathroom so far. Not so aces.

05 November, 2008 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here