Friday, March 07, 2008

Keep it Fluffy

I really, really shouldn’t listen to the Levellers on the way to work.

We’re off to that fancy London tomorrow for Beautiful Nights – somehow I have got very old indeed and the Levellers have been together for *cough*twentyyears*cough*. So Saturday night will find me and the Other Half bouncing around Brixton Academy in the company of people who smell of patchouli and weed. Bliss.

Anyway.

I listened to “Levellers” on the way in this morning.

Error.

When I arrived at the office, my boss started on about his carbon footprint and how it was up to the man in the street to save the planet. I don’t quite know what happened next, but I opened my mouth and the words “Now, I’m all about the earth and the planet and all that….” fell out, followed by a ten minute rant about the government and the environmental smokescreen they’re throwing up to hide all that other bad shit they’re sneaking about with, and about Iraq and America and (randomly) Seaworld and then I got onto Darfur and Zimbabwe and how it’s all about the oil, yeah, they’re just fucking us all over for all they’re worth and making the most of it before the oil runs out, yeah? And then all I wanted to do was shout “Smash the State!!” and go on a demo and drink cider and stick it to The Man.

Good lord.

5 Comments:

Blogger Geoff chimed in with...

I presume the man in the street's on shanks's pony, so he's doing his bit already.

07 March, 2008 13:28  
Blogger rockmother chimed in with...

Oh that is brilliant and I wish you had! We need a riot - how come people have got so complacent? No one protests anymore. Ooh you made me feel all wistful writing about that smell of patchouli and weed....

08 March, 2008 21:10  
Blogger Spinsterella chimed in with...

hey Surly,

you're a grown-up now; sticking it to the man is a weekends-only pursuit.

(ps welcome back)

09 March, 2008 17:07  
Blogger violet chimed in with...

Heehee, marvellous. Ah, the Levellers. Brings back hazy memories of stinking of spraypaint at festivals while shouting 'Jeremy!' at the Levellers crowd to see how many people turned around. Richey Manic had a lot to answer for in my adolescence.

11 March, 2008 11:04  
Blogger Cheezy chimed in with...

Sounds like me most mornings at my workplace... People just ignore me now.

11 March, 2008 15:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here