Thursday, February 21, 2008

To summarise:

1) Florida is a slightly odd place, what with it still being 1986 over there and all.

2) Despite this, we had a fabulous holiday. I didn't panic on the way over (even with the six hour delay when the plane went tech with, ahem, "rudder problems"). I didn't panic in any of the parks, even when people-who-have-clearly-never-seen-a-person-with-pink-hair-and-piercings-and-tattoos-and-a-small-child before stared at me in a weird combination of hostility and astonishment. I didn't panic on the way home*. It rocked. I rock. Woo!

3) We had a fabulous holiday. I know, I already said that. But it needed saying again. So there.

4) I had a call while away from the knee clinic. I am being referred to a surgeon. I have been doing lots of Googling and have self-diagnosed that I have to discontinue my meds to have a general anaesthetic.

5) I am wondering whether surgery while under hypnosis is as flat-out loopy as it sounds. I know it is. But still....

6) Um. That's it really. In the next thrilling instalment, 'Do All Mammals Have Hair, Or Is American Factual Programming Fatally Flawed? What With the Dolphins. And the Whales. You Know'

As you were.

* This is NOT a lie. In fact, I saved four hundred and eighty three lives by grimacing, gripping the armrests and thereby ensuring that we Did Not Crash. I thank you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Glad you had an all round Good Time.

22 February, 2008 11:29  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

'A fabulous holiday'.
Well done chum, you deserved that.

Oh, yeah-
www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/zoo00/zoo00530.htm
and
http://whale.wheelock.edu/archives/ask99/0336.html

25 February, 2008 22:12  
Blogger Rob Clack chimed in with...

Brilliant! Soooo glad you had a good time. Welcome home!

I was going to discuss whales and dolphins, but bill door got there before me. Falls into the same category as whales and dolphins are still mammals even though they look like fish.

28 February, 2008 14:45  
Blogger Marc Acito chimed in with...

You comment about gripping the armrests reminds me of when I was 16 and learning to drive. My grandmother took me on the Taconic Pkwy in NY, a twisting route that was off limits to those with only drivers permits. At one point, she suddenly sucked in her breath. "Was I too close?" I naively asked. To my everlasting love, she replied, "No, I was just trying to help by making the car slimmer."

I just discovered your blog and really enjoyed it. Will be sure to be back again.

29 February, 2008 04:34  
Blogger FirstNations chimed in with...

For heavens' sake what part of Florida were you in that anyone was surprised by that? Were you also on fire? I mean, actively in flames; not just emitting smoke. Because; dang. Well Done!!

surgery done using only hypnosis sounds...well, think about it. When that kind of thing happens during the course of an alien abduction the psychological issues and artifacts begin to crop up almost immediately. and they have advanced technology! so how much worse could you expect from socialized medicine? they don't even have antigravity.
You know it makes sense.

01 March, 2008 16:50  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

On behalf of my state of Florida (which I profusely hate & am constantly trying to escape from), I can confirm all of your suspicions/theories: it IS still 1986 here (excuse me while I put my acid washed jeans and Whitesnake t-shirt in the washing machine)...And, at times, it's still 1886 because THE CIVIL WAR IS NEVER OVER HERE!!!!

I am so sorry...

More than you can know.

02 March, 2008 15:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here