Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Same shit, different day

If I'd been a full-on Yummy Mummy - all teeth and Boden - I'm sure I would have got a different reaction.

As it was, because I have piercings and a couple of my tattoos were visible and I have some pink bits in my hair, when I spoke to the man holding the now-bloodstained white cloth, he recoiled as if I had attempted to steal his wallet.

In fact, I was trying to genuinely thank him for compressing the head wound suffered by the boy who abruptly pitched off his bike on the way home from school this afternoon. I'd already dialled 999 and the ambulance was on it's way, but I didn't have anything to hand to try and stem the flow of blood. So, I thanked him when we left the scene - the same as I thanked the kind lady who'd looked after Small Person when I sprinted off up the road having seen the accident happen, and the nice plain-clothes policeman who stopped and chased up the ambulance over his nice radio.

Just courtesy. You know.

Ignorant fucker.

9 Comments:

Blogger Doris chimed in with...

Maybe he has a phobia of sunburnt people? No, you're right, he's just a discourteous arse.

12 June, 2007 21:23  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Tossers. Don't let him add insult to injury.
Hope the sunburn goes away soon, it can be really painful!

13 June, 2007 14:09  
Blogger khlari chimed in with...

Yeah, it's amazing how one bit of funny coloured hair and a peircing or six totally undoes the good-mummy impression. To bigots, that is.

Ignorant gits.

13 June, 2007 14:37  
Blogger Arabella chimed in with...

Being dazzled by your rednatiousness is no excuse. Silly man.

13 June, 2007 17:02  
Blogger bedshaped chimed in with...

He probably thought you did it. After all, isn't it always the same....a little 'different' and you're obviously up to no good.

Wankers.

13 June, 2007 22:44  
Blogger realdoc chimed in with...

Boden woman wouldn't have stopped.

14 June, 2007 15:54  
Blogger FirstNations chimed in with...

he expected you to fasten you teeth into the bleeding child and suck his heart dry, you vampire goth punk woman you! how dare you dissappoint him.

lot of that going around lately.

16 June, 2007 01:26  
Blogger Kyahgirl chimed in with...

so many people just don't understand that 'don't judge a book by its cover' thing. His loss.

17 June, 2007 06:54  
Blogger Mangonel chimed in with...

Tattoos! Are there photos?

17 June, 2007 21:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here