Friday, November 24, 2006

Unjustified bitching

The Other Half observed this evening that I don't rant about work nearly so much now I've changed jobs.

It's sort of true, you know. I love my job. I really like most of the people I interact with on a daily basis, even though some of them tell me to fuck off and then try and steal my car keys. However, everything in the garden is not rosy.

I sort of half considered telling you about my "colleague", who annoys me to the point of open-mouthed disbelief. I thought about how much vitriol, how much bile and invective I could spill. How I could tell you about the mentalist comments, the sheer stupidity, the upside-down filing, the putting-the-files-in-the-places-they-fit-on-the-shelves-and-let-the-alphabet-just-get-over-itself. About the laziness, and the pretending to know what the procedures are while relentlessly fucking it all up and causing me to do it all again so we don't get prosecuted, or shut down, or shot, or something. About how she has a Heart Condition That May Be Life Threatening, and about how I am so bored of hearing about it, and how tired of her I am of her generally, that the mention of her Heart Condition and how it may be Life Threatening makes me do filing instead, and how I don't even disguise my boredom any more which probably makes her feel bad but I don't care because she bores me. About how I have discovered her affair with one of the managers, and that she knows that I know but Will Not Admit Anything, which is sort of fair enough because frankly it's none of my business and anyway, it's more fun just making barbed remarks when they're both in the room and watching them squirm.

And then I realised that you would get bored reading ninety thousand words on What I Hate About The Woman I Work With, and abandon me quicker than you're already doing.

So I decided not to. There. Aren't you glad?

8 Comments:

Blogger Doris chimed in with...

Well, I found it immensely entertaining. I have been in very similar situations and it is always horribly fascinating to see that others suffer likewise.

24 November, 2006 22:08  
Blogger Stef the engineer chimed in with...

Glad to see you resisted the urge to write about her. Well done!

25 November, 2006 11:11  
Blogger ~ Me ~ chimed in with...

We all have one of these colleagues I think and sometimes you just have to have a 'bitch'! I have a woman who is just so negative about everything the glass is not half empty it's bone dry and smashed to pieces! Sometimes I can let it go over my head and others I just find myself seething with how she manages to bring me down to the same level of despair despite my best intentions and happy smiling face!
I hope you feel better for 'not' telling us about her!

25 November, 2006 12:41  
Blogger Angela-la-la chimed in with...

That was very well resisted. I'm impressed.

25 November, 2006 14:08  
Blogger Spinsterella chimed in with...

Lovely.

YOu've almost made me nostalgic for the Really Annoying Girl I used to work with.

You couldn't tell her to shut the fuck up or anything because she had a Dead Husband. God.

25 November, 2006 17:59  
Blogger Clarissa chimed in with...

But how DID you find out about the affair?

25 November, 2006 20:50  
Blogger Unknown chimed in with...

Wish I had your willpower. No, really...

25 November, 2006 23:56  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

i can never tell how i found out. i wish i could as it's very, very funny...

26 November, 2006 15:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here