Sunday, November 19, 2006

Party hearty...

It's been a pretty good week, all in all. We flew down to Newquay on Tuesday evening. The plane didn't crash, and vodka was two-for-one from the inflight bar. Result!

The hotel was incredible, and was priced accordingly. Having offered a competetive rate for a midweek break, they proceeded to compensate by jacking the prices sky high. So we spent most of our time sitting in the Red Lion pub watching the surfers legging it into the sea from Restormel beach. The hotel itself overlooks Fistral beach, which is possibly the most beautiful place I have been. Just fabulous. When I die (hacked to death by the woman who runs Munchies in Aldeburgh) I want the Other Half to have my ashes blown unromantically into his face on Fistral beach.

We flew back Friday lunchtime. Despite the annoyance of Newquay airport's "development fee" which was basically just demanding money with menaces (you're "invited" to pay a fiver each towards the development of the airport. "Invited" is a bit of a misnomer as, if you don't buy a ticket, they won't let you on your plane. Sweet) it was all fine - the plane didn't crash and it was still two for one on the voddy. Result!

We went out for dinner on Friday night, then met friends for drinks. I learned never to drink wine on nights out as it results in me falling off, out of, under or over any amount of invisible obstacles on the way home. Sorry hon. Then last night was a curry followed by a band at a favourite pub, and the Other Half was summoned on stage so that everyone could sing Happy Birthday at him. Ace.

Today has featured a family tea. We are cracking the champagne in a minute to bring the almost-week of the Other Half's birthday celebrations to an official close. It's like when Britain handed Hong Kong back to China in 1997, except I don't think Chris Patten's mum served the Chinese delegation a chocolate orange Viennetta at a family tea. Or maybe she did. Who knows.

To sum up, it was a fantastic week. My liver hates me, but we had fun poisoning it. Thank god a person is only forty once. I don't think I could stand the pace otherwise.

Oh, and we got new tattoos. One each. Hurray!

6 Comments:

Blogger zanna chimed in with...

Where is tat? what's it of? or is it rude? Tell all please.

20 November, 2006 10:16  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

It's ok, we got each others initials tattooed on the inside of our left wrists. Cool studio too...a wonderful experience and a life-long keep sake.

Thanks for the lovely card Zanna...and to the fabulous SG for making my 40th an event I will never forget.

20 November, 2006 10:46  
Blogger Spinsterella chimed in with...

It's my Flatmate's 40th tomorrow.

No tats for her, but she did have her party in a pub in town with Peroni on tap on Saturday night.

Very drunkmaking.

20 November, 2006 11:18  
Blogger Patrick Dodds chimed in with...

There is a chocolate orange Viennetta and no one said until now??

20 November, 2006 21:57  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Surly, there's a programme on Radio 2 this evening at 8.30pm on Barry Manilow. I just thought I'd let you know. Please don't thank me - in fact, please make no reference to this comment.

21 November, 2006 10:40  
Blogger Lucy Diamond chimed in with...

The chocolate orange Viennetta got my attention, too. Viennetta AND champers...now that's class. Mrs Patten, take note.

21 November, 2006 13:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here