Sunday, June 18, 2006

Today: a summary

  • It was really hot before, but now it's gone a bit hazy. This makes me feel slightly better about not being able to take Small Person to the beach as I had planned this afternoon (before she upped the Parental Guilt stakes by breaking her arm and cunningly failing to display any symptoms for two days)
  • My neighbours have finally shut up for ten minutes. Presumably all the shrieking, shouting, thumping, having-a-squealy-protracted-water-fight and droning-along-to-folk-songs has rendered them exhausted. I fear only that they are regrouping, and will spend the evening hitting saucepans with spoons until I snap and rampage through their house, hitting them with spoons and shoving saucepans up their inconsiderate arses. Fuckers.
  • The Other Half is in Dover for the day, working. I am bored and resentful. Actually, thinking about it, bored and resentful is my default setting so I should amend that to bored, resentful and bitter. There.
  • I'm thinking about having another tattoo. Obviously, I'm not getting any more tattoos but the Other Half is booked in for his next one in a couple of weeks and I'm jealous. This concerns me, as maybe my mother was right all along - if everyone else jumped off a cliff maybe I would jump after them.
  • Small Person and I are going to tea at the Other Half's parents' house, with the rest of his family. This is the first time he hasn't accompanied us and I have slightly paranoid visions of them all ganging up on me and demanding to know the truth about how we got together.
  • I'm hungry.
  • My neighbours have resumed shrieking. Fucking, fucking fuckers. I am not to be trusted living among people. My ideal location would be a deserted island somewhere hot, with a handpicked group of people who would be permitted to visit occasionally (as long as they brought beer and peanuts), and who would leave when I got bored of them.

So there it is. Sunday chez Surly. Rock and roll. If your day has been any more exciting than mine then do share - it'll give me something else to feel resentful about.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Yay! First!

Stunned to see you post on a sunday too!

That's all.

Goodbye.

*parp*

18 June, 2006 14:57  
Blogger rockmother chimed in with...

I'm being very lazy and a bit lacklustre due to leaping around to Motorhead and Foo Fighters in Hyde Park yesterday in a manner quite possibly not be-fitting to a 40 year old. Have packed my SP and other half to the swimming pool. Me, I'm just wandering around aimlessly wishing I hadn't drunk quite so much lager and seriously wondering whether I might have whiplash from so much showing off for my friends camera. Ho hum. I was going to do a bit of gardening but I think I might just put on some loud music, open all the windows and annoy the neighbours instead. Rock and roll. Not.

18 June, 2006 16:02  
Blogger Spinsterella chimed in with...

Andrew Collins read my review of Cornwall out on the radio earlier.

I found that very exciting.

Plus I cooked four blueberry pancakes for breakfast and ate them all.

(My life's not very exciting really, is it?)

18 June, 2006 16:20  
Blogger Smat chimed in with...

I'm making chocolate cake to send to camp with a Baby Smat. And packing her sleeping bag and sweetie provisions. And then I'm going to drink some raspberry beer. Not very exciting chez Smat I'm afraid.

18 June, 2006 19:05  
Blogger garfer chimed in with...

Got up at noon feeling extremely hungover. Ate some roast beef, felt better. Went to pub and drank beer. Felt much, much better.

18 June, 2006 21:02  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

a good night last night then garfer? marvellous.

well, we went for tea, small person showed off a lot and ate loads of cakes. she is now asleep, other half is watching the footer and i am waiting for big brother to start.

i bet courtney love doesn't have nights like this, does she?

18 June, 2006 21:05  
Blogger Stef the engineer chimed in with...

This morning I was all resentful as I got up early to go hurt myself on a river, and noone else wanted to hurt themselves as much as I did, then one of them broke. :-(

This afternoon I spread liquid death over our overgrown jungle of a garden.

It may not be an exciting life, but it's mine, all mine. Mwah, hah, hah!

Mind you, I would quite literally kill to have something I wrote read out on the radio, so very jealous of spinsterella.

Hmm. "I have Ned Sherrin held hostage in my basement, where I am reading him Jackie Collins novels in a Mockney accent, taking care to drop every "aitch". If you wish to ease his torment, read out this letter."

Mmm. Raspberry beer. I've changed my mind. Can I pick and choose the best bits of other people's Sundays?

Spinsterella's radio fame (and breakfast), smat's raspberry beer, baby smat's chocolate cake,

18 June, 2006 21:43  
Blogger Smat chimed in with...

chocolate cake is very yummy - I was forced to steal some of it because it "wouldn't fit into the cake box". Wouldn't mind a blueberry pancake though.

18 June, 2006 22:03  
Blogger 30-Something chimed in with...

I had a waaaaay more exciting day. This morning I ate kiwis in bed and got green juice all over the sheets. Actually, that's just really fucking sad because I was on my own...

I also spent the whole afternoon on my pc updating my i-pod. Yes, I sure do live on the edge..

18 June, 2006 22:03  
Blogger mig bardsley chimed in with...

I spent the day in Brighton waiting for some cyclists to arrive from London.
It's amazing how alike 27,000 cyclists all look after 58 miles on a warm day.

19 June, 2006 00:37  
Blogger claire chimed in with...

Today was Father's Day in the states so the boyfriend and i spent time with our respective fathers, traveling from one house to the next. Basically eating a lot and trying to show them some kind of appreciation for bringing us into this world.
Not exciting in the least, but a nice gesture i suppose. You know.

19 June, 2006 03:32  
Blogger rockmother chimed in with...

With the exception a very few commentees - many of us seem to have either got hangovers or trying to cure one by drinking more. Me included. (You know who you are the rest of you!). I decided to 'give up drinking' yesterday. Of course that didn't include the 2 glasses of wine with supper to make myself feel normal again. No wonder the other half just raised his eyebrows in disbelief when I made my big announcement and asked me if I wanted a top-up?!

19 June, 2006 11:26  
Blogger tom909 chimed in with...

Big Brother's good isn't it. I can't get enough of it. I worked out that counting Celeb BB we spend nearly one third of every year watching BB, and that has been happening for the past seven years.
Mind you I guess some people spend nearly all their lives watching soaps, which thankfully don't interest me anymore. Actually I've replaced soaps with BB - it's about real people which I find more interesting.
Do I not lead an exciting life!

19 June, 2006 11:58  
Blogger zanna chimed in with...

my day was more exciting than mean( I can't believe no-one else noticed that, or are they too polite to point it out?) I spent the afternoon teaching 5 year old small person to ride a 2 wheeler. She is great and picked it up after about half hour leaving me to nurse my hangover.

19 June, 2006 13:52  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

I never, ever want a tattoo until someone else is getting one, and then I have visions of getting The Coolest Tattoo Anyone Has Ever Seen.

And then I chicken out.

19 June, 2006 16:48  
Blogger Kyahgirl chimed in with...

a bit of PMS then surly?



please invite me over, I'd like to help you kill your neighbours.

19 June, 2006 20:33  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

you're welcome anytime L, you know that....

19 June, 2006 20:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here