Friday, June 23, 2006

The force is strong in this one....

For a horrible moment there I thought my celebrity-killing powers had struck again.

It’s happened before, you know. In 1996 I was responsible for the death of Phyllis Pearce off of Coronation Street. We had a game of Celebrity Deaders running – for a quid each you chose a famous person and if they died you claimed the pot. I had Mother Teresa for ages, until, on the fateful night in question, I abruptly changed my pick to poor old Phyllis. She dropped dead the next morning*. I also killed George Best** by having a sweepstake on what time he would actually pop off. Naturally, the time I picked was the actual time of death. If only I could use my powers for good.

The reason I mention this now is that my traffic had an unexpected spike last night from people searching for “Frosties boy hanging”/”Frosties advert suicide” and various permutations thereof. You may remember that I offered my personal opinion of the smug little tosser a couple of weeks ago. Oh lord, I thought. I’ve done it again.

So, can anyone confirm or deny? Is the Frosties boy dead***? Was he terminally ill and got the gig based on his Dad working for the ad agency? Did he hang himself after everyone in the western world with internet access started a blog for the express purpose of expressing their utter contempt for his overblown stage school delivery and slightly Vanilla-Ice-ish “rap” gestures****? Is it all an elaborate hoax?

And, more to the point, does anyone care?

* Although this was a sad thing, it did net me seventeen quid. Result!

** It probably wasn’t all my fault, but still.

*** Please don’t let him really be dead

**** Word

18 Comments:

Blogger CyberPete chimed in with...

I'm still wondering if you mean the actual cereal Frosties that had that Tony the Tiger character. What happened to poor old Tony then?

The plot thickens?

23 June, 2006 17:36  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

I too find him so irritating that if I had a telly I would throw it into a canal.

If he's dead, then it will be the joint powers of around half the country that caused it. It will have been yours that tipped the balance, though.

Congratulations!

*rushes off to check BBC*

23 June, 2006 19:23  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

*rushes back*

Don't think he's dead, sadly.

however, sign this and we may never have to see the leering little bastard again...

23 June, 2006 19:38  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

I actually saw this advert for the first time the other night. How did I manage to avoid it for so long?

Don't know if the kid is dead, but Tony the Tiger is surely due for an attack from an angry vigilante group off a housing estate who think he is a paedophile. After all, he must be at least 60 and he has been hanging around with little kids for years and years ... it's just not "right", is it?

24 June, 2006 12:32  
Blogger SkookumJoe chimed in with...

yet still you claim to know nothing about my fish....

24 June, 2006 13:25  
Blogger Billy chimed in with...

I'm quite a fan of Tony the Tiger. Although he doesn't do much in the advert. (If he had, would that have made it less painfully shit? We can only wonder)

I do know that if I saw the kid on the street I would punch him in the throat. I'm not generally violent, but sometimes you have to be.

24 June, 2006 21:32  
Blogger Frobisher chimed in with...

Phylis is dead? has anyone told Percy. I have a fiver on Pete Doherty pegging out before the end of the year, odds-on favourite

25 June, 2006 13:31  
Blogger frangelita chimed in with...

I don't think I have seen this advert. He sounds like a really dreadful toerag, though, so he's probably still alive.

25 June, 2006 16:55  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice chimed in with...

"If only I could use my powers for good." You can. Your blogging buddies can supply you with one celebrity they'd like to see snuff it and you can make it happen.

There. Everyone's happy.

Apart, possibly, from the celebrity. But they're going to a better place (no, not Chinawhite) so it comes out in the wash!

25 June, 2006 17:04  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice chimed in with...

I meant one celebrity each, otherwise there'd be the biggest online arguement in the entire history of the world. Ever.

25 June, 2006 17:05  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

bring it on......

25 June, 2006 18:17  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

He may not be dead, but you can put money on the fact he gets the living shit kicked out of him at school on a regular basis, and thoroughly deserved it is too.

25 June, 2006 19:48  
Blogger FirstNations chimed in with...

actually y'all, the guy who did the voiceover for Tony the Tiger did die a few months back.
Spinny, you missed. close, though.

if i can, id like to nominate that bald headed fuck from the cop show 'The Badge' for your kiss of death. every time i see him i want to slap him bloody.

25 June, 2006 21:48  
Blogger The Mistress chimed in with...

So YOU'RE responsible for the death of Phyllis Pearce! Thankfully we have reruns of Corrie in Canada from 10 years ago so I can watch her chatting up Des Barnes.

26 June, 2006 10:32  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Sorry I have to disagree with your desire to kill off Michael Chiklis from The Shield...one of the greatest cop shows ever made...and need I say more about his turn as The Thing in Fantastic 4...I rest my case !

26 June, 2006 11:24  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Please start your voodoo on Nicole Richie. If I see that scrawny little no-talent freak on one more magazine cover i think i'm going to lose it.

26 June, 2006 11:51  
Blogger Arabella chimed in with...

Did you have anything to do with the awful swelling and eventual demise of Ivy?
Either way I'm impressed and hope I never do anything to offend you too much....

26 June, 2006 16:36  
Blogger CyberPete chimed in with...

I think if a TV cop should be eliminated it should be that old fart Dennis Franz from that old show Hill street blues or something.
Or the redhaired guy from that CSI spinoff. Bleugh!

26 June, 2006 16:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here