Monday, March 13, 2006

La la la, I'm not listening

So, we finally got a moving date. 24th March. That’s next Friday.


THAT’S NEXT FUCKING FRIDAY!!!

Not that I’m panicking or anything. I don’t even know what I’m panicking about, I just am. Despite the fact that I’ve known since November that I would be moving, I’ve hardly done anything in terms of actually getting ready to do just that. And now it’s next week. I know that once I get started I’ll be fine, but I am the world’s greatest procrastinator and, as such, am completely failing to get my arse in gear. It’s simple really. All I have to do is change my address with the ninety million people that need to know. Then it’s just packing eighteen month’s worth of single-mother living into various bags, boxes and random receptacles, accepting that I will just have to give all my furniture and white goods to the local re-housing charity because nobody wants to buy them but hey, it’s only money, right?, and reassuring a stressed out almost-six year old that it’s all going to be fine, while not having a nervous breakdown myself.

I don’t know what I’m worrying for.

La la la.....

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

It'll be fine...a few weeks chaos for a lifetime's happiness. That's a good deal in my book.

I can't wait.

13 March, 2006 10:27  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Don't worry about telling people you've moved, click on this link and they'll do it for you! Easy peasy.

Oh, and pay the Royal Mail 13 quid and they'll forward the stuff from people you forget - ask at a main post office for a redirection form.

Boxes, now that's a different matter.
Good luck.

13 March, 2006 10:50  
Blogger Holly chimed in with...

Good luck, you will be fine once the initial move is done!! I have done this 3 times in 2 years!!

13 March, 2006 12:54  
Blogger the Beep chimed in with...

We can help too. How about we don't expect a post on one day. Would that be helpful?

Good luck with the move (mine coming up in a couple of months I hope)

13 March, 2006 14:20  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Why don't you just start a fire? Then claim on the insurance and buy everything new?

13 March, 2006 14:26  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com chimed in with...

Moving can be stressul, but the good news is that it will be over before you know it.

13 March, 2006 14:32  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

this is so exciting! best wishes to you and small person and other half. Just think SG, no more bugs in the bathtub!!

13 March, 2006 16:02  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

It will be interesting to read the sequence in which you PACK the dishes ;-)

13 March, 2006 17:20  
Blogger FirstNations chimed in with...

dang. piggy and tazzy ALWAYS have the right answer first *sigh*

13 March, 2006 17:31  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

What about a tax deduction on all the stuff you donate? The charity can evaluate everything and give you a receipt. Or can you not do that in England? I can't remember anymore. Oh God, I'm becoming American.

13 March, 2006 17:34  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

I think it's time SP started carrying her own weight. I say she gets the assignment of packing everything, leaving you to take care of the change of address notifications.

13 March, 2006 18:10  
Blogger Palace Fan thats a NEW Dad chimed in with...

We are trying to sell our house and I'm not looking forward to all the packing. Good luck with it all though.

13 March, 2006 22:03  
Blogger ©gloop chimed in with...

Errrrmmmm.....ain't that the way it should be done? Like, the night before?

14 March, 2006 00:48  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Good luck with your move Surly. Small Surlyess will be fine, fret not.

I would come and help but it's my birthday the day before and I might drop a sofa on your foot. Also it seems a long way to go for a mate.

14 March, 2006 05:28  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

Andy and I have several plastic crates with lids you can borrow if you like. We bought them for our move.

14 March, 2006 10:22  
Blogger Inexplicable DeVice chimed in with...

Just try and imagine yourself already living there, approximately 2 weeks down the line. Time will fly. And when you reach that date, you won't know what you were panicking for.

Either that or everything will go wrong and yo...

Oops. Stop now, IDV!

14 March, 2006 17:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here