Thursday, October 20, 2005

Nnnnggggaaarrrr...

That's the noise that this blog makes me want to make. I'm normally fairly articulate but I struggle to find the words to properly encapsulate the feeling that the....the....the fuckwittedness of whoever this belongs to engenders in me. I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what it is that bothers me so much. Technically I should just forget it exists and get on with my life where real, actual issues should occupy me - such as Mariah Carey's burly legs, big scary man-hands and startling self-delusion, or how much I hate the Daily Mail, or any number of important things. Instead I find myself dropping incredulous, hate-filled comments on this most ridiculous of "causes". Just why anyone cares remotely about this is totally, totally beyond me. Some of the comments are hilarious though - my favourite being from Dead Man Jones who has this to say on the subject:

"I have never before been passionately moved to announce my apathy, it being self-contradictory. Your blog has changed this. I now want to scream from the rooftops that I, being of sound mind, couldn't given a tinker's cuss what logo Ask / Ask Jeeves uses. I am deeply passionate about my lack of passion on this subject, and very serious when I say I don't take your cause seriously. "

And a literary genius who goes by the name of Surly Girl who felt sufficiently moved to add:

"um, why would i care? couldn't you just, i don't know, get over it?"

Advice I would do well to take myself, I fear.

Nnnnggggaaarrrr........

16 Comments:

Blogger Wyndham chimed in with...

Hey, you got a great blog here. I'm definitely going to come back. Come to my new blog, you'll love it:

makethelittlechefmanfatagain.blogspot

20 October, 2005 10:12  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

hey! great blog you have! i was just passing through but i'll definitely bookmark you!

why not visit my "bring back green shield stamps" blog! it's at www.i_fucking_love_green_shield_stamps_bring_them_back_so_i_can_save_for_months_for_a_crappy_kettle.blogspot.com

it mainly covers green shield stamp related stuff!!

20 October, 2005 10:25  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

Eh? Is this where I pimp my blog?

I'm not even gonna look at the blog you mentioned - what will power!! Cos if it makes your blood boil it'll make me angry too.

Wanted to comment on your last blog, but couldn't find the words. You're both great. (When do I get Cottage Pie?)

20 October, 2005 10:56  
Blogger Betty chimed in with...

Hey! You sound like a ballsy kind of a lady - just the person we need to back us in our campaign! Go over to getfreddy"parrotface" daviesbackonthetelly.org to find out more!

Linked to you over at ours!!! Laters!!

20 October, 2005 13:03  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

I caved in and looked, but fortunately I don't have an attention span long enough to read a post that long ....

20 October, 2005 13:15  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

oh, but the comments.....skip to the sycophantic, i-have-nothing-beter-to-do-than-worry-about-a-cartoon-butler-sorryvalet-on-a-crap-search-engine comments. plus some funny "oh, fuck off" ones.

what is my obsession with hyphens today all about? what??

bumkbo: party game favoured at well-to-do (there i go again!) nigerian birthday parties

20 October, 2005 13:19  
Blogger Whinger chimed in with...

I echo your title on this side of the Atlantic. I often drive by the "Ask Jeeves" building and think, "How? How are they still in business? They have a search engine based on a butler."

Silly.

20 October, 2005 16:19  
Blogger S.I.D. chimed in with...

I liked that Ask Jeeves logo with the big foamy hand/finger.

Bets on places to insert?

20 October, 2005 23:26  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Had to look you up from Jonny B. Can't invite you to read my blog - 'aint got one but yours looks promising. That sounds patronising - sorry -should be elsewhere. Will rerurn.

21 October, 2005 09:59  
Blogger craziequeen chimed in with...

Surly Girl, linked to you ages ago when I read you on Mary P's blog.

You rock! Tell it like it is!

enough cliches? ok :-)

I did glance at the HUMUNGOUS post on this Ask Jeeves thing - and the only thought I came up with was - WHO CARES??

cq

living in craziequeen's palace
http://craziequeen.blogspot.com

21 October, 2005 12:24  
Blogger Urban Chick chimed in with...

sorry, i'm still busy mourning the passing of douglas the trumpet-playing lurpak man in the fire at aardman animations

can't be doing with dastardly jeeves

p.s. i am a hyphen addict too (happens to the best of us)

21 October, 2005 12:29  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

cq - welcome. who is mary p, pray tell?

uc - noooooooo!! not douglas the trombone (not trumpet! not!) playing lurpak man?

i bet penelope keith was straight on the phone to her agent

21 October, 2005 12:56  
Blogger Urban Chick chimed in with...

trombone

i do beg your pardon

21 October, 2005 13:24  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

i am a pedant and nobody likes a pedant. sorry uc. are you cross?

erxliewg: on trying to announce that what you just swallowed was, in fact, an earwig

21 October, 2005 14:44  
Blogger Urban Chick chimed in with...

not in the least

pedants rock

21 October, 2005 16:33  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com chimed in with...

Yeah, I too couldn't get past the first five sentences. But, even that was waaaaaay too much. Talk about useless ...

24 October, 2005 06:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here