Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hmph.

Not being the sort to succumb to party games I was tempted to ignore UC and the Great She Elephant and their attempts to get me to put my rum punch down, stop shredding my party hat and join in the tagging game. However, it's Thursday, it's doing that mizzle thing (not the Snoop Dog thing - the misty rain thing) outside and I'm passing time til 11.15am so here goes: (in three parts as I can't post the whole thing at once..grrr)

1. I can't whistle and it annoys me. Not as much as when other people whistle though.

2. I'm related to the Beverley Sisters.

3. I was once arrested (drunk and disorderly, natch) but got let off with a caution.

4. I was stoned last night.

5. I used to be a motorcycle courier in London. I was rubbish at it as I can't read maps and was once guided into Reading city centre via my controller and a mobile phone.

6. I am obsessed with Robbie Williams. Proper, he'd-marry-me-tomorrow-if-he-only-knew-I-existed obsessed. Mmmmm.

7. Although I had the potential to go far I screwed up my academic career and have since lurched from one unfulfilling job to the next. I feel slightly uncomfortable around clever people.

8. I know all the words to all the songs ever and am therefore supremely irritating on a pop quiz team.

9. I'm waiting for my rich relatives to start dying so that I can get out of debt.

10. As no. 9 demonstrates, I am both shallow in the extreme and hopeless with money.

Now scroll down......

8 Comments:

Blogger Donna chimed in with...

7. That's why we're such easy company :)

13 October, 2005 10:41  
Blogger Kyahgirl chimed in with...

1. whistling isn't all its cracked up to be I'm sure. I can't do it either.

13 October, 2005 17:45  
Blogger Stef the engineer chimed in with...

1. Don't try any of that sour grapes stuff on us, you non-whistling losers! Whistling is fab!
You know how to whistle, don't you? You put your lips together and blow.

13 October, 2005 18:23  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

4. So, is stoned in England the same as stoned in the US? Stoned here means you were smokin the weed. I am thinking stoned in the UK means drinking. Sorry, I am a one of those, ignorant sluts.

13 October, 2005 22:55  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

um, no....i meant weed. naughty me.

14 October, 2005 08:20  
Blogger patroclus chimed in with...

I've never been able to whistle. This used to upset me intensely when I was little, but I've learned to live with my deficiencies now.

I'm quite impressed with 8., though. Can I put you down for my Fantasy Pub Quiz Team? There's a quiz in Richmond where the top prize is £700, and I fully intend to lead a crack team to victory in that, one day. They do great sausages and mash, too.

Rambling again, sorry.

14 October, 2005 08:52  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

consider me signed up. i warn you tho - i am fiercely competitive and never, ever give anyone a chance to answer a question....

14 October, 2005 09:07  
Blogger patroclus chimed in with...

Oh, me too. And I'm always right, even when I'm wrong. We'll make a great team.

16 October, 2005 12:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here