Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dude, where's my liver?

Considering the amount of alcohol I put away yesterday it's a miracle I can walk, talk or see so you're lucky to be getting this post. We started at midday and got home, by the Other Half's reckoning (I was past reckoning by this stage, as you will see) at around ten thirty. Over the ten or so hours I had at least ten pints of lager, one shot of tequila and two shots of something blue. We drank, we danced (well, me and him did anyway), we went to a punk gig (apparently) and we really, really should have gone home sooner. And oh, how we laughed. It was hard not to really, what with the birthday boy in a hot-pink bridesmaid dress and a seventies pimp with zebra-print platform boots among the entourage. I have probably never laughed so much in my life but boy, I'm suffering for it today. My cutlass broke, I lost my telescope and I never even managed to put my eyepatch on. I'm told I walked into an unprecedented three lamp-posts on the way home but this is unsubstantiated due to me not remembering anything past the taxi to the last pub, let alone the walk to the taxi rank and the solace of a warm comfy place to pass out in. And would you believe it, someone else went as a pirate. Typical. But I won because I had more earrings. There will be photos tomorrow but my dialup is so ridiculously slow that I can't post any now. However, anyone who cares to pop over here and scroll down a bit will see the assembled lunatics in all their glory. There are now six more people in the world who never want to see the Other Half's genitals again and for that we sincerely apologise. Apart from that, who says binge drinking is bad for you? We had a whale of a time.

In other news, while we were enjoying a restorative fry-up in the best greasy spoon in town this morning, the Other Half and I choked on our sausages when the large couple at the next table stood up to leave and said to their eighteen month old son "come on Hendrix, we're going now". Poor kid. I suppose he'll consider himself lucky in later life that he's not called Zappa or Malmsteen. What is the world coming to? Oh, and Small Person banged her head getting out of Daddy's car yesterday and felt moved to comment "Oh, fucking hell". Glad to see school is being such a positive influence.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kellycat chimed in with...

I know I'm a bit late, but was your review rating of 3.5 out of 5, (in which case well done) or our of 100 (in which case somewhat patronising)?

Have seen the photo's and have to admit that we did think of Other Half in his short shorts last night when it started pouring down with rain. Good job he didn't agree to the fake tan after all...

09 October, 2005 18:26  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

out of five, thank you. i have a vague recollection of it raining at some point last night...safe to say you can consider cherbourg missed today.

09 October, 2005 18:29  
Blogger Kellycat chimed in with...

As you're not going to Cherbourg today, can I introduce you to http://hormonesandhandbags.blogspot.com/ ...?

09 October, 2005 18:51  
Blogger Wyndham chimed in with...

Never, never drink anything blue. Washing-up liquid, the ocean, Zambukas. No good ever comes of it. As you probably know by now. But the best thing about being hungover is it's the perfect excuse to get down the greasy-spoon the following morning. Me, the missus and our kids Bolan and Lynott love going.

09 October, 2005 20:32  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

I have now just about recovered. We substituted greasy spoon for Sunday Carvery and it did the trick. I have not managed to get so drunk in a long time ... Simon woke up in a bed full of crisps - Crash and I thought it was hilarious fun to throw them at him in bed when he crashed at the grand old time of about 10pm ...

09 October, 2005 20:59  
Blogger OvaGirl chimed in with...

Surlygirl I AM IN AWE!

Sounds like a ripper of a night. Although I too winced at the drinking something blue part.

Small Person's vocab is coming along nicely and am impressed that she got the context right as well.

10 October, 2005 01:19  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

btw - we have your telescope, and your parrot ...

10 October, 2005 10:00  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

you have my telescope? marvellous - small person cried when i told her i'd lost it.

10 October, 2005 10:07  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com chimed in with...

Oh, how hilarious!!! Sounds like you had a FUN weekend.

I actually took it easy this weekend because last weekend almost killed me. Besides, Bro's birthday is coming up in two weeks and I need to give my liver time to repair itself before I inflict more damage.

Stolie

------------------------------------
http://funkybrownchick.blogspot.com

10 October, 2005 13:10  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

i'd like to point out for the sake of my reputation (such as it is) that small person was safely tucked up in bed at her dad's house and as such way out of range of the fallout from saturday's festivities. it's a bonus side-effect that since leaving the ex i suddenly have between 1 and 3 nights off in any given week and as a result have been out more this last year than in the preceding 8. plus she gets more quality time with her father now, so i like to cling to that as a way of assuaging some maternal guilt...

is it bedtime yet?

10 October, 2005 14:44  
Blogger Whinger chimed in with...

Sounds like quite a party. :)

A woman at work just had a baby and named him Huckleberry. I didn't know how to respond when told.

10 October, 2005 18:42  
Blogger Kyahgirl chimed in with...

Glad you survived your dress up bash SG. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Must go check the pictures now :-)
Laura

10 October, 2005 22:59  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

um, that's sort of weird....more suffolk but she was large with dark brown hair. her man-with-her was also large and baldish with a very unfunny t-shirt on. do you suppose it was them? have i insulted your friends?!

11 October, 2005 13:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here