Monday, October 31, 2005

Cross. Again.

This morning left me in a furious, snarling rage. I can't be bothered to explain - suffice to say that my mild-mannered assistant spent the hour between eleven and midday swearing like a drunken docker with Tourette's, and I positively stalked out of the office at lunchtime. Poor old Other Half - once more on the receiving end of one of my monumental huffs. To his credit, he cheered me up immensely – there he was, staring dreamily at flat-screen tellies and dancing to the piped music in a major electrical store in a particularly effete manner (the Other Half loves to dance. Most of the time it's like being at stage school - you know, the sort where the kids spontaneously erupt into a seamless yet unrehearsed full-scale production of West Side Story in the corridor outside the canteen just because, ooh, life is just so brilliant!!), when a voice over his left shoulder enquired politely as to whether he needed any assistance. He blushed scarlet and asserted that no, thanks, he was just looking and I tried very very hard indeed not to wee.

And woo! and yay! We're off to see Motorhead tonight. Tomorrow I shall be stone deaf (eh?) and infinitely more interesting*.


* Interestingness cannot be guaranteed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

In true Motorhead styleeee shouldn't that be Stone Deaf Forever ? Oh, and good description of my penchant for dancin'....I do indeed have the music in me !!!

31 October, 2005 14:32  
Blogger Urban Chick chimed in with...

to the seamless yet unrehearsed performance of WSS i say: YES YES YES!!

AND he buys you shoes: is he FOR REAL? and/or is he leroy from kids from fame?

31 October, 2005 14:40  
Blogger Stef the engineer chimed in with...

How's your new boss doing? I always found they take some breaking in.

The gentlemen from Motorhead aren't being supported by those jolly nice children trained by Mr. Simmons from that television programme are they?

Even if not, hope you enjoyed the evening.

I SAID, HOPE YOU...

Oh, never mind...

31 October, 2005 15:08  
Blogger Cheezy chimed in with...

There is a god! Lemmy be thy name! I worship every hair on his nasty old facial moles! :-/

31 October, 2005 15:19  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

No, the kids from Rock School have already done that gig...it was in London a few months back. Fortunately they're not doing the whole tour.

Sadly, on last years tour I spied that Lemmy is indeed going bald. Ok, he's 60 this year but for one of rock's enduring legends this came as a major shock to me as he hasn't really changed since the 70's.

BTW, his autobiography (White Line Fever) is really worth a read. If nothing else it confirms the medicinal benefits of a life spent taking speed !!!!!!!!!

31 October, 2005 16:16  
Blogger Lee chimed in with...

I'm envious. The last time I tried to organise a full-scale dance number in my office, three gentlemen damaged things... rather important to them.

I suppose it's not called 'The Nutcracker' for nothing...

01 November, 2005 15:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here