Thursday, August 25, 2005

Smug.

So I just went to the vending machine to get a diet coke, but instead of tapping in the number of my selection, I started putting my pin number in. The other night I pointed my car keys at my pc to lock it when I left. I've tried to open my front door with my car keys before now, and I'm often to be found putting the spoon in the bin and the empty yoghurt pot on the draining board. I'm hoping it's tiredness and stress - otherwise in a few months time I'll be popping to the shops at 3am dressed in a ballgown, and complaining loudly to the police that the man next door has been stealing my bananas (he does it in the middle of the night, while I'm at the shops).

I'm tired today because we went to a gig in Norwich last night. The first band on were like a documentary entitled "When School Orchestras Go Bad". Complete with enthusiastic brass section (it's ok, it was ska. Of a sort...) made up of people who've been thrown out of Chess Club for being too geeky. Next up were Bucket, who only had time to play about three songs due to the fact that all their songs went on for about fifteen minutes in order to shoehorn as many genres as possible in...ooh, it's the Oasis bit..now the shouty punk bit...now the emo bit...oh, hang on, it's the Oasis bit again. I can only presume that the Pie Tasters (with Peter Sutcliffe on trombone) had spent the afternoon celebrating their drummer's forthcoming wedding, as although they were musically tight, their between-song banter was unintelligible and rambling to the point of irritation. And the drummer kept doing double tequila shots. After an hour and a half they were showing no signs of stopping so, like the big girls that we are, me, the Other Half and a friend left a gig before the end. No wonder I'm developing Alzheimers - it's my age.

And I have just (on the side, I don't mean in this post) comprehensively proved that Iron Maiden have had more than three different vocalists, which for reasons I can't divulge, has made me very happy. Gawd bless yer, Dennis Wilcock and Paul Day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna chimed in with...

Ha Ha

25 August, 2005 18:31  
Blogger Wyndham chimed in with...

The other day I couldn't find the remote control for the damn telly. I had put it in the fridge over night. I'm thinking is this where it starts, the dementia thing?

25 August, 2005 20:38  
Blogger ©gloop chimed in with...

Yup....it's the old "wallet in the bread bin" scenario.

You're fucked. Pure and simple. Start checking out twilight homes before your faculties all piss off forever!

26 August, 2005 01:26  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

i keep my passport in the bread bin, but that's on purpose.

26 August, 2005 09:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here