Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Self-penned externalisation of daily occurences

Among my list of things to avoid doing this afternoon (bare minimum only, thank you), is the pompous, management-speakily titled "Healthwise Workstation Assessment". This basically means I'm expected to devote forty five minutes of my time (which frankly could be better spent trolling the blogosphere dropping comments into other people's blogs much to their futile annoyance) going through a patronising online exercise devised in order that the HR department can tick a box marked "Is everybody's chair comfortable?" and therefore avoid litigation should one of us inadvertently snap our spine because we haven't got a wrist rest. This makes me cross for a number of reasons, which I won't rant about here as it'll only alert the firewall to my sneaky attempts to blog from work, and that's just plain irritating. The main one, though, is that I did the exact same exercise last year, and I still have the same chair, desk, pc etc. So, with my permission, can't the HR department and I be complicit in them ticking the box and me not suing them when my leg falls off (due to my mouse being incorrectly aligned)?

And why do I have "Angelo" by the Brotherhood of Man playing on a loop in my head?

12 Comments:

Blogger Donna chimed in with...

Not that I should ask, but how does that one go? I keep trying, but just keep getting Fernando by Abba instead ...

02 August, 2005 16:47  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

althogether now: "running aWAY together, running aWAY forever, Angelo...."

shall i go on?

02 August, 2005 16:52  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

or even "altogether"..

damn lithp

02 August, 2005 16:52  
Blogger Dave chimed in with...

Do you know any songs about cricket?

02 August, 2005 18:38  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

Oh no, you've done it now.

03 August, 2005 09:01  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Didn't Disney do a song about Cricket ? Or was that Jimmy Cricket ?

03 August, 2005 09:04  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

um, Dreadlock Holiday by 10cc? it's got the word cricket in it.....

and it was JIMINY cricket, not Jimmy Cricket. Jimmy Cricket was that shit comedian with L and R on his wellies...

03 August, 2005 09:17  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

Ah bollocks, you all knew who I meant. Was trying to convince the watching nation that I actually didn't know anything about sappy Disney movies...obviously I failed.

03 August, 2005 09:34  
Blogger Phil chimed in with...

My chair's actually quite comfy. Where do I tick?

03 August, 2005 14:00  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

you can't tick until you've done your assessment, which will ascertain whether you can tell the difference between a chair, a medieval torture rack and a water buffalo. at which point you MAY be trusted with a propelling pencil, but only on production of a note from your mum.

03 August, 2005 14:05  
Blogger Dave chimed in with...

Hey, I decided to google the phrase 'cricket songs' - guess what...

...lots of articles about the noises insects make.

AND a song. Which I shall post on my blog one day.

So that's something to look forward to.

03 August, 2005 15:23  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

consider my breath duly bated....

03 August, 2005 15:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here