Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Odd.

I had a very long, very complicated dream last night. I was called for a job interview on a Saturday, along with several people I work with (the Other Half included). When I arrived at the large white house by the sea, I realised I was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of Simon Cowell on it, and the words "Pick Me". Not the best thing to wear to an interview but hey, I was asleep. After a small row with a man who asserted that I was dressed too casually for an interview, we settled down to learn that this was not actually a job interview, but that we had been chosen to try and escape the zombies that had taken over the earth.......

There then followed a very random sequence involving Small Person's school, other people's driveways and a motorised sofa. I woke up at eight minutes past five this morning, with Olivia Newton-John's furious, decaying face still clear in my mind.

I worry.

Am going to write a long, rambling post later which I won't be able to put up til this evening due to the firewall here. In the meantime, I'll be spending the day in sympathy with the Other Half - I ground my teeth so much in my sleep that my jaw aches today.

Not that I'm mental or anything.

10 Comments:

Blogger car01 chimed in with...

No more mental than me, anyway. And I'm sure Lowri Turner is a really lovely person. Probably.

Oooh, and stop teasing us with you promises of long, rambling posts. We need to have *something* to do during work (although I'm only on a 2 day week this week - hurrah!).

Anyway, yes. So... post the darned thing a word at a time if you need to, but do hurry up because it's just gone 10am and I'm already vair, vair bored. (As bored as a bored thing in a bored competition).

23 August, 2005 10:08  
Blogger car01 chimed in with...

Oh yeah, and is your secret on the whatsit yet?

23 August, 2005 10:41  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

Mads - no, clearly not.

Carol - do you think we could have bored competition (please) ... I think it would be a very close call, and Mads, don't think I didn't notice you commenting on blogs when you'd barely got your cheeks planted on your office chair. This "trying not to spend all day on the internet" thing is clearly not working. for any of us ...

23 August, 2005 10:42  
Blogger Donna chimed in with...

Is yours Carol?

23 August, 2005 10:43  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

i'm having a sort of panicky day, as i have to do the report that got me into so much trouble last week. also my boss keeps mailing me from london asking me to do stuff, with a general air that he thinks i should already have done those things, so am busy justifying each and every decision i have made over the last week or so.

so you can have your post later, and i can carry on making my postcard that has a picture of a big, bloody knife and the words "i did something bad at work today"..

23 August, 2005 11:16  
Blogger car01 chimed in with...

Oooh yes, my secret's there. And can we leave the bored competition till next week? I'm moving house this week, so am extremely unlikely to be bored. Not least of which because I won't be in work. Yippeee!

23 August, 2005 12:01  
Blogger Dave chimed in with...

I read all the secrets yesterday, in case anyone I knew had posted. But what's the point, they're all anon, so I'm just left imagining all sorts of things about all sorts of people.

I watched Shaun of the Dead (on DVD) at the weekend, so can't quite understand why you'd want to come to the seaside to avoid the zombies. The streets here are packed with them.

And what was there in this post to offend me - or is it the long rambling one which is going to upset?

23 August, 2005 12:17  
Blogger Betty chimed in with...

Completely off at a tangent, but Olivia Newton John's furious decaying face was on the news this morning because her long term boyfriend has apparently been missing since June - it's possible he's been murdered or has faked his own death. Perhaps you'll be able to find out his whereabouts in your next dream.

23 August, 2005 12:35  
Blogger surly girl chimed in with...

i saw that in the papers on sunday, so presumably that's why she popped up (gently rotting and hell-bent on the destruction of society) last night. if she comes back tonight and offers any info i'll of course contact the relevant authorities.

23 August, 2005 12:54  
Anonymous Anonymous chimed in with...

i'm more intrested in your contact with olivia newton john thatn any thing else i am doing today and slightly more than is healthy.

I just caught a small bit of place in the sun @I liked the fireplace as it was completely independant of the floor!@ imagine...........

23 August, 2005 13:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter
Counters Who Links Here